- £20,000 - £22,000 P.A pro-rata based on experience
- Closing date:
Graven Hill is the UK’s first large scale, self and custom build project and is leading the way to make building your own home mainstream. This ex-Ministry of Defence site located to the southern edge of Bicester, Oxfordshire, will evolve over the next decade as a new community of up to 1,900 homes. It is expected that around 40% of these homes will be designed or built by the residents themselves.
The project is being delivered by Graven Hill Village Development Company (GHVDC), a company wholly owned by Cherwell District Council. We are based at the Plot Shop in central Bicester and at the Graven Hill development on the southern edge of Bicester.
The Customer Service Administrator role is varied. It primarily supports the Site Operations Team whose focus is to interface with building contractors who carry out groundworks and delivery of home and with self-builders who are building their dream home. You will be responsible for maintaining databases for utilities, remedial works required to new build properties and supporting the Site Operations Team with administrative support. You will also be required to organise team meetings and produce agendas and minutes.
In the absence of the Office Manager you will provide support to ensure The Plot Shop and Site Office are welcoming places to work.
Finally, you will provide, on an ad-hoc basis, support to the Sales and Marketing teams, assisting them in their interactions with purchasers and in the preparation for and at events.
The role is part-time. You will be required to work four days/30 hours per week and working hours can be flexible/negotiable.
The Customer Service Administrator will have the opportunity to work across the breadth of the organisation, involving themselves in many exciting projects. It is therefore essential that the incumbent is a team player, good communicator and someone who can work independently under their own initiative.
Key Experience and Skills
• Extensive experience of working in a customer focussed office providing administrative support.
• Demonstrable experience in organising meeting and producing minutes.
• Strong IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
• Self-confident, decisive, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced, changing, team environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• First rate planning and organisational skills.
• Drive, determination and a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Experience of administration in defects management, construction or property development environment desirable.
To apply in confidence, please email your covering letter and CV to:
For an informal discussion, please contact Garry McCormack on 01869 396070.
Closing date: Friday 26 April.
Interview date: on either Wednesday 1 May or Thursday 2 May.
(No applications through agencies, please.)