- Closing date:
Recruitment of a Finance Manager
Graven Hill Village Development Company is an independent commercial entity wholly owned by Cherwell District Council and was formed in 2015.
The principal activity of the company is that of a property development company. Unlike most traditional developments, Graven Hill aims to create a distinct community which will provide a range of housing choice including self-build and custom homes at scale, affordable housing, employment land bringing new businesses and jobs to the area, local amenities and a school therefore creating a unique and diverse development.
We are a medium sized company and as such have a small working team who all work well together being flexible and undertaking ad hoc tasks as required.
We are looking for a reliable Finance Manager to efficiently and accurately oversee the financial management of the company. Reporting directly to the Finance & Governance Director, the Finance Manager will assume a hands-on role with the responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations of the company.
Duties will involve the full spectrum of finance operations, including budgeting and forecasting, preparation of management accounts and financial statements and cashflow management.
The Finance Manager will be a talented professional and experienced individual capable of managing a diverse list of tasks at all levels. This role involves liaising with other sections across the business, supporting them in managing their budgets and financial planning.
The Finance Manager will deputise for the Finance and Governance Director as required.
We currently operate COINS as our Financial Management System but are currently appraising new systems for its potential replacement.
- Ensure robust financial systems and procedures are in place.
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts and associated reporting.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations, accruals / prepayments etc.
- Complete complex monthly Cost of Sales calculations to be processed against WIP.
- Oversee cost to complete schedules and attend monthly Operations meetings to provide financial and analytical support.
- Undertake cashflow management and liaison with shareholder and funder.
- Ensure adherence to existing Funding Agreement through the management of borrowing and loan facilities and interest calculations.
- Manage budgeting and forecasting process including variance analysis.
- Assist the Finance & Governance Director in the preparation of year end Statutory Financial Statements across all companies.
- Liaise with auditors for completion of annual audits and reporting.
- Liaise with external accountants in respect of the delivery of Corporation Tax calculations and Companies House submissions and reporting
- Provide overall administration of the company’s Financial Management System – COINS
- Collate monthly payroll data for submission to external provider for processing.
- Manage the company’s pension scheme – Royal London – in terms of additions and deletions to the scheme and required reporting.
- Undertake payment and bacs processing via Natwest Bankline as required.
- Undertake HMRC reporting and submission of returns for CIS.
- Complete VAT returns.
- Undertake financial due diligence on procurement activities undertaken by the Operations Team.
- Attend Financial Monitoring Meetings and deputising for the Finance & Governance Director at Board and other meetings as required.
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager or similar role.
- Qualification – fully CCAB qualified with a minimum of 1 yr. post qualification experience.
- Ideally some construction industry experience.
- Desirable – experience of COINS.
- Desirable – experience of system implementations.
- Solid technical knowledge of basic and advanced financial principles and practices.
- Understanding of finance regulations and legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of financial software and MS office – specifically detailed knowledge of Excel.
- Analytical mind.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A problem solver with a strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a team and adopt a hands-on attitude where required.
Please provide your CV, a covering letter and salary expectations by cease of business Tuesday 4th January 2022.
To apply in confidence, please email your CV and current salary details to: [email protected].