- Closing date:
Assistant Accountant (Part-Time, 3 days a week)
Graven Hill Village Development Company is an independent commercial entity owned by Cherwell District Council and formed in 2015.
The principal activity of the company is that of a property development company. Unlike most traditional developments, Graven Hill aims to create a distinct community that will provide a range of housing choices including self-build and custom homes at scale, affordable housing, employment land bringing new businesses and jobs to the area, local amenities, and a school, therefore, creating a unique and diverse development.
We are a medium-sized company and as such have a small working team who all work well together being flexible and undertaking ad hoc tasks as required.
- To provide day-to-day financial & accounting support to the Interim Financial and Governance Director, Head of Finance and part time Assistant Accountant using a range of experience with COINS, Excel skills and analysis, reporting, and communications skills.
- Provide overall administration of the company’s Financial Management System – COINS
- Manage finance inbox and raise POs and invoices upon email request
- Adding purchase ledger and subcontractor invoices and performing payment runs twice a month
- Keeping all the payment run records for all the Audit trails
- Undertake payment and bacs processing via NatWest Bankline
- Assist the Interim Financial and Governance Director in the preparation of year-end Financial Statements across all Group companies
- Assist the Interim Financial and Governance Director with the auditors for the completion of the annual audit and reporting
- Proven experience in accounts payable or accounts receivable, account executive, or similar role
- Qualification – CCAB or AAT part qualified
- Required – an experience of COINS
- Understanding of financial regulations and legislation
- Excellent knowledge of financial software and MS Office – specifically detailed knowledge of Excel
- A problem solver with strong attention to detail
- The ability to work as part of a team and adopt a hands-on attitude where required
What We Have to Offer
- Current market package
- Progression opportunity
To apply in confidence, please email your CV and current salary details to: email@example.com.
To open an informal dialogue, please contact Tim Shaw on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is Friday 3 November 2023.
No applications through agencies, please.