Graven Hill presents a series of FREE fortnightly webinars led by industry experts to help you gain an insight into all things Graven Hill.
Digital Tools: Improving traditional construction
Presented by Bruce Bell, Founder, Facit Homes
The slow uptake and progression of digital tools within the construction industry is something that needs to change. There is a real potential that simple steps to improve processes could have a lasting improvement. This webinar will aim to showcase the range of digital tools available that could be adopted during your self-build journey and how they could assist in a more streamlined project.
What will this webinar cover?
- Why the digital approach isn’t reinventing the wheel – how the process can be improved using tried and tested techniques
- Digital designs – using digital tools to design homes and create 3D models for clients
- BIM design coordination – applying technology to ensure that the technical design is functional
- Digital manufacturing – using computer cutting to manufacture individual components
- Mobile production facilities- why manufacture on site rather than off site and why mechanical production lines are not flexible enough for bespoke homes
- Delivery – Digital communication tools on site and guided construction / step by step instructions of the digitally designed home
- Q&A Session
About the speaker
Bruce is the founder of Facit Homes and a creative force. He has worked with some of the world’s best architects and artists, including Sir Norman Foster and Anthony Gormley, and is a trailblazer in the world of digital home manufacturing.
About the Facit Homes
Facit Homes was founded in 2007 to create a better, smarter way to deliver homes. It is now the UK’s leading home manufacturer. Using digital manufacturing technology to create individually designed, high performance homes, the progressive approach combines total design freedom with a guaranteed level of quality, sustainability and value. The result is a low energy, modern home that is perfectly tailored.