Self-build for all – how to take the first steps of your Self-Build journey.
A free seminar for everyone.
Can I self-build my own home? All the questions and answers to what you need to know.
1. Self-Build at Graven Hill – why is it different and easier? Topics explored will include:
- How do I find a plot of land? What should I be looking for and what should I avoid?
- How do I get planning permission? What do I need to do?
- What guarantees are there?
- How do I get my services (electricity, broadband, water etc.)?
2. How can I finance my self-build project?
- How do I set a budget? – what costs do I need to consider?
- When I know this what funding options do I have?
3. How do I design a home? Do I need an architect?
4. What build options do I have?
- Modular, Eco, do-it-yourself, traditional, turn-key, built off-site, project manage sub-contractors?
- What will be right for you and how do you find potential suppliers?
5. What are the other options on Graven Hill?
6. Jargon buster:
- What is Passivhaus?
- What is Golden Brick?
- What is a plot passport?
7. What are my next steps?
In this free one-hour masterclass industry experts will answer all the above. Afterwards there will be opportunities to ask your individual questions and by the end of the evening you’ll have all the information you need to take the next steps.
Places are limited – please book early.